Last updated December 10th, 2018
Yesterday Sony released their lineup of free games that will be available to PlayStation Plus subscribers for all their currently supported consoles on their online/multiplayer network. Starting on February 7, 2017 there will be fine new, free PlayStation 4 Games, five free PlayStation 4 games and three free PlayStation Vita games. Three of the five games for PlayStation 4 are actually for the PS3 and PS Vita but are available on PS4 through cross-buy which is Sony’s backwards or cross compatibility games which allow PS3 and PS Vita games on the PS4.
Free PlayStation 4 Games
- LittleBigPlanet 3 – puzzle platformer game released in 2014. Eighth release in the LittleBigPlanet video game franchise.
- Ninja Senki DX – Cross-buy PlayStation Vita game
- Not a Hero- A 2D shooter with retro style/pixel graphics where players fight their way through various building complete objectives.
- Starwhal – Cross-buy PlayStation 3 game
- TorqueL – Cross-buy PlayStation Vita game
Free PlayStation 3 Games
- Anna Extended Edition – Puzzle adventure game set in an abandoned sawmill in the Italian mountains.
- Starwhal – Multiplayer space fighting game where players control narwhals.
Free PlayStation Vita Games
- Ninja Senki DX – Retro style platform game where players control a ninja trying to defeat a demon.
- TorqueL – 2D puzzle platform game
If Sony follows previous months and releases these free PlayStation games on the second Tuesday of the month, they will become available next Tuesday February 7 after the PlayStation Store updates for the first time in February. Until then you still have a few days and the weekend to try out the free PlayStation games from January 2017.
Each month both Sony and Microsoft offer free games through their respective online subscription platforms PlayStation Plus for Sony and Games with Gold for Microsoft. This month’s free Xbox games were revealed late last month. Details on the free Xbox games can be found in our post from last month.